Example of comparison essay in theory of literature: the difference between classicism and sentimentalism
Literature is a special types of art that can help to comprehend the present-day history and to understand how the main tendencies of social development in past times were created.
Write on formation of designs at the start of essay
The looks of classicism, which developed in Western European culture during the end of the seventeenth century, determined the ideological content of literary works, the strict system of poetic rules as well as the concepts of plot construction, reflecting the idea of orderliness and excellence associated with universe, nature and society.
The “sensitive” literature of sentimentalism that emerged in the second half associated with the eighteenth century was meant to teach and educate on examples and images that can cause empathy, which awakens high feelings, guided because of the proven fact that all evil can be overcome.
Inside our literary works as much as the beginning of the XIX century, classicism and sentimentalism developed, complementing one another and pursuing the exact same goal: to make society perfect, by affirming the logical principles of morality in addition to rules of human behavior. Techniques to achieve this goal in the philosophy of classicism were understood to be the assertion associated with supremacy of order, form, hierarchy and had been according to a definite division of creative designs and genres. The theorists of classicism paid special attention to drama and poetry. Epic poems and tragedies where the foundation associated with the plot has become important historical events, and actors – the gods and strongest of this globe, demanded a lofty poetic composition, ruled spatial turns. They certainly were related to the “high” genre.
The spoken language and stylistically lowered images could simply be contained in satires, fables and comedies, which fixed the definition of “low” genres. Obligatory observance of this unity of the time, place, action and guidelines of constructing tragedy and drama with visibility, zygote, growth of action, culmination and resolution limited the likelihood of stage-based discovery of images, but emphasized the inviolability of order, the bond of cause and effect, quality expression regarding the main concept of the task. Sentimentalism allowed more freely to make use of the way of artistic expression. Attention to household details, a description of psychological experiences, the image regarding the internal world of man along with his closeness to nature demanded and new literary forms. The epistolary genre, sentimental novel, travel records come in the literary works. The growth of sentimentalism greatly expanded the number of choices of artistic prose and managed to make it more democratic: the interest of both article writers and visitors had been the fate of a typical individual, clear, close, causing interest and compassion.
In closing of essay give brief comparison of designs
Hence, the essential difference between classicism and sentimentalism can be follows:
- The main topic of the image in the works of classicism are very important, https://eliteessaywriters.com/plagiarism-checker meaningful occasions that determine the fate of someone who is obliged to obey the established order as well as the determined program of events.
- In the exact middle of attention of authors – sentimentalists – the inner realm of heroes, with the capacity of deeply feel and experience.
- Classicism is a literary trend where the basis for the artistic method could be the division of works into “high”, “medium” and “low” genres.
- Sentimentalism won’t have such a division, because its task is to educate the sensory faculties, using many visual method for this purpose.
- The primary genres of classicism are the epic poem, tragedy, ode, drama, heroic tale, comedy, satire and fable.
- Genres attribute of sentimentalism certainly are a novel, letters, diaries, travel records.
- Classicalism argued educational some ideas based on the subordination of personal feelings of debt to society.
- Representatives of sentimentalism considered the inner realm of heroes as a harmonious whole.
- They thought that educating an individual, you can easily enhance the whole society.